The following organizations provide the much needed adoption services in our area:
Choosing a pet for your family and lifestyle
Consider these questions:
- What type of home do you live in? Can you deal with expected wear and tear?
- If living in a rental, are you permitted by the property owner to have a pet?
- How much time will you be able to spend with a pet?
- Do you have children? How will they be affected?
- Do you live with a family of pet lovers?
- Are you sedentary or physically active?
- Are you financially able to care for a pet and associated expenses?
- How will you care for a pet if you are away from home or traveling?
When choosing where to get your new pet, consider adoption or rescuing. There are countless warmhearted animals in need of a loving home.